Preemie Daisy Chain Headband
The daintiest preemie flower headband!
These Preemie Daisy Chain Headbands are perfect for Spring and Summer! They're super quick to work up, so you can donate a whole bunch to a NICU near you - or gift to a baby! The nature of the pattern makes it easy to adjust the length of the flower chain too, so while this is written in Preemie Size, it can easily be adjusted to fit a newborn or larger.
When writing this pattern, I had a hard time getting the flower chain to sit flat, but by using a technique of crocheting between 2 double crochet stitches, was able to achieve a flat row of flowers at the end.
Hope you love this pattern, and I hope this inspires you to make some little Preemie Daisy Chain Headbands for a NICU near you! For crochet donor guidelines from Stanford Children's Hospital, visit this link: https://www.stanfordchildrens.org/content-public/pdf/volunteer/hearts-hands-donor-info-stanford-childrens.pdf
PREEMIE DAISY CHAIN HEADBAND PATTERN: 23'' long, including ties
- 1 Skein DK/Sport Weight Baby Yarn (I used Bernat Baby Sport)
- Crochet Hook Size D
- Tapestry Needle
- Ch = chain
- Dc = double crochet
- Sl St = slip stitch
1) Ch 42, Dc in 3rd Ch from hook. The "loop" you will be crocheting flower petals into is the gap between this Dc stitch and the chain.
See the picture below to see where the "loop" to insert petals into is:
2) *Ch 2, 2 Dc into the loop, Ch 2, Sl St into the loop* You've just made your first petal! Repeat from * to * 4 more times for a total of 5 petals.
3) Ch 10, 2 Dc in the 3rd Ch from hook (this forms the "loop" of your second flower). Repeat Step 2 to form the 5 petals of this second flower.
4) Repeat step 3 for a total of 7 flowers. (For larger sizes, continue making flowers until you reach your desired length.)
5) With the completion of your last flower, Ch 40 to create the other end tie.
6) Tie off and weave in ends.